Bhapa Pitha recipe
I’ll teach you how to make delicious bhapa pitha at home in a very simple way. Bhapa pitha is a traditional pitha of Bangladesh which is mainly prepared and eaten in the winter season. It is mainly made from rice powder in the form of water vapor. Molasses is given for sweetening.
Coconut shells are given to enhance the taste. Although traditionally a rural breakfast, it became popular in the city in the late twentieth century, mainly as food for rural people who came to the city. Bhapa pithas are now available on the streets and even in restaurants.
This pitha takes very little time to make. I’ll show you the recipe in the easiest way. Okay, so let’s get started.
Ingredients of Bhapa Pitha Recipe
- 1 kg of rice powder
- 1 Coconut (crushed)
- Gur (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- Water (Quantitatively)
- 2 Pieces of white thin, soft cloth
- Small lid
- Small round bowl for making bhapa pitha
- Special pots with lids for baking pithas or earthenware jars for steaming pithas
Instructions of Bhapa Pitha Recipe
I’ll give some steps below, so you follow these steps.
Step : 01 From this pitha recipe
- In a bowl, whisk together the rice powder, salt, and a little water in a good way so that the lumps do not form. This time you have to rub the rice powder with your hands. It will come out like a grain of semolina. The coconut should be smeared with half the rice powder. This time you have to fill half of the pot with water and wait till the water boils. There is a special type of pot available in the market for bhapa pitha, you can also use it.
Step : 02 From this bhapa pitha
- There is a hole right in the middle of the lid of this pot. Ventilation is blocked at the edge of the pot so the steam comes out through the leak. Now for the pitha, put a drop of oil in a small bowl and sprinkle some powdered rice powder on it. And cover it again with rice powder. Gently press the hand to make the shape of the bhapa pitha.
Step : 02 From this bhapa pitha recipe
- Now cover the bowl with a wet thin cloth and place it upside down on the pot of hot water. Now you have to gently remove the bowl. Care should be taken so that the cake does not break. The edges of the cloth should be wrapped in one place and covered with a big lid so that the steam gets on the pitha. After boiling for 5/6 minutes, remove the lid and press with fingers to see if it is soft. If it is soft, it should be understood that the pitha is ready to be served.
Nutritional Side of Bhapa Pitha
The main thing in this recipe is rice powder. So rice powder is very beneficial for us. So this bhapa pitha is helpful for everyone. There is nothing to say about how much taste is! It’s really very delicious. It is better to eat with gur. And it tastes great to eat in the winter.
You saw above how easy it’s to make. It’s really easy to make. And it costs very little to make. So you guys please try this recipe at home. And you see how beautiful to look at. Guys, its taste is really so good.